South Dakota Rentals ( 9 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in South Dakota
Plan your holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your holday, from beach villas to cabins to apartments and more.
No booking or services fees rentals
Save up to 20% over other holiday rentals website. Book a holiday rental, hotel or b&b.
Contact villas, hotels, b&b owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- The movie \"dances with wolves\" was filmed entirely in south dakota.
- Vacation rental in south dakota is amazing land of spectacular landscapes.
- Dakota is an outdoor paradise.
- For fishing, there is a choice of 30 species, from brown, brook, and rainbow trout in the black hills region.
- South Dakota is a state located in the Midwestern region of the United States of America.
- Mount rushmore is a major state tourist destination in the black hills.
- South Dakota is bisected by the Missouri River, dividing the state into two socioeconomically distinct halves, known to residents as \"West River\" and \"East River\".
- The Black Hills, a group of low pine-covered mountains, is located in the southwest part of the state.
- Fertile soil in the eastern part of the state is used to grow a variety of crops.
- Ranching is the predominant agricultural activity in the west.
- The black hills, a group of low pine-covered mountains, is located in the southwest part of the state.
- The area is of great religious importance to local american indian tribes.
- In South Dakota, outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy mountain lakes and streams.
- Rock climbing, hiking trails, cross-country skiing and snowmobiling.
- Downhill skiing is available at Terry Peak and Deer Mountain.
- The Southeast South Dakota Region transitions between flat lands and rolling hills.
- If you enjoy nature, you will enjoy a South Dakota vacation.
- Best time is Summer month for visit.
- South Dakota has a total of 83,609 miles of highways, roads, and streets, along with 679 miles of interstate highways.
- U.S. Routes 12, 14, 16, 18, and 212 travel east and west, while u.s. routes 81, 83, 85 and 281 run north and south.
- South Dakota contains two national scenic byways.
- The peter norbeck national scenic byway is located in the black hills, while the native american scenic byway runs along the missouri river in the north-central part of the state.
- Some 4,420 miles (7,110 km) of railroad track were built in south dakota during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, but only 1,839 miles (2,960 km) are active.
- BNSF railway is currently the largest railroad in south dakota; the dakota, minnesota, and eastern railroad is the state\'s other major carrier.
- South Dakota\'s largest commercial airports in terms of passenger traffic are the sioux falls regional airport and rapid city regional airport.
- Temperatures can reach over 100*F in the summer and average below freezing in the winter, so avoid to visit South Dakota.
- South Dakota\'s culture reflects the state\'s American Indian, rural, Western, and European roots.
- A number of annual events celebrating the state\'s ethnic and historical heritage take place around the state.