SikkimHoliday Rentals (0)
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B inSikkim
Plan yourSikkimholiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for yourSikkimholiday, fromSikkimbeach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services feesSikkimrentals
Save up to 20% over otherSikkimholiday rentals website. BookSikkimholiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
ContactSikkimvillas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Sikkimholiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Sikkim’s famous Lake is Chhangu lake.
- Sikkim is famous for its lush green vegetation, forest, scenic valleys and majestic mountains.
- Sikkim is famous for Kanch-Endzonga.
- Sikkim is a landlocked Indian state nestled in the Himalayas.
- It is the least populous state in India and the second-smallest in area after Goa.
- The Indian state of West Bengal borders Sikkim to its south.
- Sikkim is a popular tourist destination owing to its culture, scenic beauty and biodiversity.
- Sikkim\'s hot springs are known for medicinal and therapeutic values.
- Despite its small area of 7,096 square kilometers (2,740 sq mi), Sikkim is geographically diverse due to its location in the Himalayas.
- Almost the entire state is hilly, with an elevation ranging from 280 metres (920 ft) to 8,585 metres (28,000 ft).
- The state has 28 mountain peaks, 21 glaciers, 227 high-altitude lakes including the Tsongmo Lake, Gurudongmar and Khecheopalri Lake, 5 hot springs, and more than 100 rivers and streams.
- Sikkim giving us some breathtaking natural wonders.
- Sikkim helps a tourist get the best out of his holidays.
- Sikkim have many buddhist monasteries that are very beautiful and very imperious as you would have ever seen.
- Tourist main attraction: trekking, river rafting, mountain biking, mountaineering, khangchendzonga waterfalls.
- March to June
- September to December.
- Sikkim does not have any airports or railheads because of its rough terrain, however, the first airport of the state is expected to be ready by 2011 in Pakyong, 30 km (19 mi) away from Gangtok.
- The closest airport, Bagdogra Airport, is near the town of Siliguri, West Bengal.
- The closest railway stations are Siliguri and New Jalpaiguri.
- National Highway 31A and National Highway 31 together link Siliguri to Gangtok.
- The Sikkim National Transport runs bus and truck services.
- Privately-run bus, tourist taxi and jeep services ply throughout Sikkim and also connect it to Siliguri.
- Towns in southern and western Sikkim are connected to the northern West Bengal hill stations of Kalimpong and Darjeeling.
- Travelers to carry some basic medicines and the drugs preion with them.
- Prefer traveling in groups rather than alone.
- In Sikkim, the leading communities are the Lepchas, Bhutias and Nepalese.
- Buddhism and Hinduism are the two major religions of Sikkim.
- Cultural heritage of Sikkim is expressed in its traditional folk dances.