Sicily Holiday Rentals ( 25 )
Marina di Ragusa
Castellammare del Golfo
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Sicily
Plan your Sicily holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Sicily holiday, from Sicily beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Sicily rentals
Save up to 20% over other Sicily holiday rentals website. Book Sicily holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Sicily villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Sicily holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- The largest forest in Sicily is the Bosco di Caronia.
- Its pleasant climate and scenic beauty make it a perfect vacation & travel photography destination.
- Sicily is fascinating for its thousands of years of history and for its cities of art but also for the countless natural beauties on the island.
- Sicily has been known since ancient times for its roughly triangular shape, which earned her the name Trinacria.
- It is an autonomous region of Italy.
- The first railway in Sicily was opened in 1863 (Palermo-Bagheria).
- Sicily is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea.
- Capital: Palermo.
- Area: 25,708 km2 (9,925.9 sq mi).
- Sicily\'s location means that it has a Mediterranean climate with mild to warm, wet winters and warm to hot, dry summers.
- Sicily has a number of forest and riverine habitats.
- Sicily\'s sunny, dry climate, scenery, cuisine, history, and architecture attract many tourists from mainland Italy and abroad.
- Sicily certainly is the place brimmed with captivating beauties, exotic sites, luring landscapes, seducing skylines, mesmeric mountains, bewitching beaches, oceanic charms, and lots more.
- Best time to visit Sicily is during March, April and May.
- The most prominent Sicilian roads are the motorways (known as autostrade) running through the northern section of the island.
- 114 Messina-Syracuse (via Catania) and the SS.115 Syracuse-Trapani (via Ragusa and Agrigento).
- Airports: Catania-Fontanarossa Airport, Palermo International Airport, Trapani-Birgi Airport, Comiso-Ragusa Airport, Palermo-Boccadifalco Airport, NAS Sigonella Airport, Lampedusa Airport and Pantelleria Airport.
- Sicily is served by several ferry routes and cargo ports, and in all major cities, cruise ships dock on a regular basis.
- Sicily has long been associated with the arts; many poets, writers, philosophers, intellectuals, architects and painters have roots on the island.
- The best known and most popular sport on the island of Sicily is football.
- Sicilian weddings are lavish, expensive, and traditional.
- Oral tradition plays a large role in Sicilian folklore.
- Sicilians also enjoy outdoor festivals, held in the local square or piazza where live music and dancing are performed on stage, and food fairs or sagre are set up in booths lining the square.