Sardinia Holiday Rentals ( 42 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Sardinia
Plan your Sardinia holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Sardinia holiday, from Sardinia beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Sardinia rentals
Save up to 20% over other Sardinia holiday rentals website. Book Sardinia holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Sardinia villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Sardinia holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Sardinia is one of the most ancient lands in Europe.
- Famous parks are: Asinara National Park, Archipelago of La Maddalena\'s National Park, Gennargentu National Park.
- The beach makes a perfect place to socialize and enjoy the seafood.
- The name Sardinia is of unknown origin.
- The kingdom of Sardinia remained Spanish for approximately 400 years.
- The Sardinian railway system was developed in the 19th century.
- Sardinia is the second-largest island in the Mediterranean Sea (after Sicily).
- Sardinia comprises 24,090 square kilometres (9,301 sq mi).
- Capital: Cagliari.
- The climate is typical of the Mediterranean.
- Sardinia is famous for the Costa Smeralda where the beaches are picturesque and the water assumes emerald green tones in its\' crystal clearness.
- Sardinia has three international airports Alghero Airport, Olbia - Costa Smeralda Airport, and Cagliari-Elmas Airport.
- Sardinia is the only Italian region without motorways.
- Ferrovie della Sardegna (Sardinian Railways).
- There are four main ports in Sardinia, including Olbia, Cagliari, Porto Torres and Arbatax.
- Traveling by ferry is the cheapest and most convenient way to travel to Sardinia.
- Sardinia is home to one of the oldest forms of vocal polyphony
- Sardinian culture is alive and well, and young people are actively involved in their own music and dancing.
- Sardinia was ruled by many different cultures including the Romans, Arabs, Phoenicians, Byzantines, Spanish, Carthaginians and Savoyards.
- Sardinian cuisine is simple, almost prehistoric, compared to the more sophisticated food of Naples and Sicily, which uses more animal fat and butter.