ManipurHoliday Rentals (0)
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B inManipur
Plan yourManipurholiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for yourManipurholiday, fromManipurbeach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services feesManipurrentals
Save up to 20% over otherManipurholiday rentals website. BookManipurholiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
ContactManipurvillas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Manipurholiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Manipur is precious with extreme natural beauty and unique culture.
- Imphal, the capital of Manipur is the centre of cultural, political and commercial activities of the state.
- Manipur is the place where Rajarsee Bhagyachandra created the famous Ras Lila.
- Kwak Jatra is famous festival of goddess Durga.
- Manipur is a state in northeastern india.
- Manipur, meaning \'land of jewels\' is indeed precious with extreme natural beauty and unique culture.
- Its capital is imphal.
- Manipur is bounded by the indian states of nagaland to the north, mizoram to the south and assam to the west; it also borders myanmar to the east.
- The climate of manipur is largely influenced by the topography of this hilly region which defines the geography of manipur.
- It covers an area of 22,347 square kilometres (8,628 sq mi).
- Manipur is one of the eight states of Northeast India, and one of the Seven Sister States.
- The capital lies in an oval-shaped valley of approximately 700 square miles surrounded by blue mountains and is at an elevation of 790 metres above the sea level.
- Teak, pine, oak, uningthou, leihao, bamboo, cane, etc. are important forest resources growing in plenty.
- Loktak lake, sendra island, shree govindajee temple, keibul lamjao national park, moirang, langthabal, kaina, and khwairamband bazar are the prominent tourist attractions in manipur.
- Manipur is accessed by air through the only airport of the state situated at Imphal.
- Imphal is also connected with Calcutta via Agartala and Silchar by Indian flights.
- There is no rail station in Manipur. The nearest rail head is in Dimapur, 215 km from Imphal.
- Good motorable roads connect Imphal with Agartala-465 km, Aizwal-374 km, Dimapur-216 km, Guwahati-579 km, Itanagar-413 km, Kaziranga-346 km, Kohima-123 km and Shillong-643 km.
- The best way to travel inside the state is by unmetered taxi and private vehicles.
- Autorickshaw and cycle-rickshaw also available in the capital city, Imphal.
- Manipuris are a culturally enthusiastic people.
- Mukna is a popular form of wrestling in manipur.
- It has fundamental rules agreed by all mukna organizations and with royal consent.
- The various festivals of manipur are ningol chakouba, yaoshang, ramjan id, kut, gan-ngai, chumpha, christmas, cheiraoba, kang and heikru hidongba.
- Most of these festivals are usually celebrated on the basis of lunar calendar.