Guanajuato Holiday Rentals ( 1 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Guanajuato
Plan your Guanajuato holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Guanajuato holiday, from Guanajuato beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Guanajuato rentals
Save up to 20% over other Guanajuato holiday rentals website. Book Guanajuato holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Guanajuato villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Guanajuato holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Guanajuato was one of the first areas of Mexico colonized by the Spanish.
- The valley (and city founded there) became the largest producer of silver in the world.
- Dolores Hidalgo is famous for its sorbets, with incredible flavours like pulque, shrimp, chili, corn and tequila.
- Cultural manifestations surge out of its theatres, churches and museums, squares, markets and side streets.
- Guanajuato is a state in the central highlands of Mexico.
- It is named after its capital city, Guanajuato, which comes from the local indigenous language, meaning “Hill of Frogs.”
- There are a number of rivers that flow into two river basins.
- It covers an area of 30,768 square kilometers (11,880 square miles).
- The first of these river basins is the Pánuco, which flows northeast to the Gulf of Mexico.
- The museum of the mummies is a very interesting cultural stop.
- Church of La Compania is also another attractions of Guanajuato. It is one of the churches, which are built in the Churriguereque style.
- April before and during Holy Week (Semana Santa) is a fine time to visit Guanajuato.
- visit Guanajuato all through the year.
- There are three airports: Captain Rogelio Castillo National Airport(CYW), Guanajuato Airport (MMGT), Guanajuato International Airport (BJX).
- Guanajuato\'s bus station is outside the city core.
- The easiest and safer way to get to Guanajuato is taking the federal highway 45 up to Silao, then the toll highway 110.
- Taxis, buses and cars are the most popular modes of local transport. The fares are reasonable and services are good.
- The town of Guanajuato has been depicted in various works of art.
- Guanajuato hosts the annual International Cervantes Culture Festival, which is centered in the capital city.
- The city is reknowned for its museums, as well as the university and the mines.
- The main industries are silver and gold mining, oil, manufacturing of shoes in León, manufacturing of fabrics and clothing, and tourism.
- Cervantes Festival is the major event of Guanajuato, which has been celebrated since 1972.