- From the Delaware River to the seashore to the bayside
- There’s a Delaware beach vacation rental for every type of vacationer.
- With 24.5 miles of coastline and 12 miles of state park areas within the Southern Delaware stretch, you can’t go wrong!
- Sporting activities in Delaware include boating, canoeing, swimming, and kite surfing.
- If you’re looking for something more laid back, beachcombing and whale or dolphin watching are only a few of the non-sporting endeavors.
- Delaware is located in the eastern section of the delmarva peninsula, between delaware bay and chesapeake bay, and is the second smallest state in area (after rhode island).
- Delaware is divided into three counties: new castle, kent, and sussex.
- Delaware is a u.s. state located on the atlantic coast in the mid-atlantic region of the united states.
- Visitors will find a variety of delaware lodging and vacation rentals conveniently located for exploring the delights of this coastal vacation destination.
- Bethany beach rentals, on the southern end of the coast, are known for their quiet, laid-back atmosphere and seven-mile stretch of fine sandy beach.
- Relax in southern delaware’s several small areas, ripe with recreation and history. the real playground of delaware is in the coastal region.
- If you’ll be attending the rehoboth beach independent film festival, the rehoboth beach chocolate festival, the sea witch festival or rehoboth beach autumn jazz festival, consider rehoboth vacation rentals for an economical alternative to a hotel.
- Less crowded than rehoboth beach, bethany beach, along with south bethany beach and fenwick island, are known as the “quiet resorts.” in a bethany beach vacation rental, you’re also close to the delaware seashore state park, a six-mile long island barrier.
- The bayside beach is open to fishing, clamming, crabbing, sailing, kayaking, and more! after a long sunny day on fenwick island, retreat to your delaware vacation house for some r&r.
- The fringe season, May and especially September, is a great time to find cheaper rates, comfortable temperatures, and quieter beaches.
- Peak season for the Eastern Shore, Annapolis, and Southern Maryland is April through October, when the weather is clear for boating and the fish are biting.
- May and fall bring the convention crowds to Baltimore, but the sunny, less humid weather makes a visit more comfortable.
The transportation system in Delaware is under the governance and supervision of the Delaware Department of Transportation, also known as \"DelDOT\".
- Roads:- One major branch of the U.S. Interstate Highway System, Interstate 95, crosses Delaware southwest-to-northeast across New Castle County. In addition to I-95, there are six U.S. highways that serve Delaware: U.S. Route 9, U.S. Route 13, U.S. Route 40, U.S. Route 113, U.S. Route 202, and U.S. Route 301.
A bicycle route, delaware bicycle route 1, spans the north-south length of the state from the maryland border in fenwick island to the pennsylvania border north of montchanin. it is the first of several signed bike routes planned in delaware.
- Ferries:- There are three ferries that operate in the state of Delaware: Cape May-Lewes Ferry crosses the mouth of the Delaware Bay between Lewes, Delaware and Cape May, New Jersey. Woodland Ferry is a cable ferry that crosses the Nanticoke River southwest of Seaford. Three Forts Ferry Crossing connects Delaware City with Fort Delaware and Fort Mott in New Jersey.
- Rail and bus:- Amtrak has two stations in Delaware along the Northeast Corridor; the relatively quiet Newark Rail Station in Newark, and the busier Wilmington Rail Station in Wilmington. The Northeast Corridor is also served by SEPTA\'s R2 Regional Rail line, which serves Claymont, Wilmington, Churchmans Crossing, and Newark.
- Air:- Delaware is the only state in the Union without commercial air service. New Castle Airport near Wilmington has been served by commercial airlines in the past, the last being Skybus Airlines, which provided service to Columbus, Ohio and Greensboro, North Carolina. Other general aviation airports in Delaware include Summit Airport near Middletown, Delaware Airpark near Cheswold, and Sussex County Airport near Georgetown.
- Precautions against bad weather on the Delaware River.
- On trips in the spring or fall, we should take additional care because the possibility of running into cold weather is much greater.
- Windy lake is often much more dangerous than running evil-looking rapids.
- A Delaware vacation offers gaming and racing enthusiasts several entertainment options.
- Downs Entertainment has slot machines, live harness racing and NASCAR racing.
- Delaware Park Racetrack and Slots Casino features slots and live thoroughbred racing, while Midway Slots and Simulcast offers slots and harness racing.
- Delaware’s lack of a sales tax makes it a great spot for shopping.