Dadra and Nagar HaveliHoliday Rentals (0)
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B inDadra and Nagar Haveli
Plan yourDadra and Nagar Haveliholiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for yourDadra and Nagar Haveliholiday, fromDadra and Nagar Havelibeach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services feesDadra and Nagar Havelirentals
Save up to 20% over otherDadra and Nagar Haveliholiday rentals website. BookDadra and Nagar Haveliholiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
ContactDadra and Nagar Havelivillas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Dadra and Nagar Haveliholiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Tarpa dance is an extremely popular dance of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
- Tarpa festival is famous in Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli are famous for the production of leather slippers.
- Weaving of bamboo mats and baskets.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli is a Union Territory in western India.
- Nagar Haveli is wedged between Maharashtra and Gujarat, whereas Dadra is an enclave lying a few kilometres north of Nagar Haveli in Gujarat.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli are in the watershed of the Daman Ganga River, which flows through the territory.
- The territories of Dadra and Nagar Haveli became a centrally administered union territory with Silvassa as its capital.
- Dadra consists of 3 villages and Nagar Haveli has the town of Silvassa and 68 villages.
- The surface is confined to less than 491 sq km.
- The literacy rate is around 41 percent and major spoken languages in the territory are Gujarati and Hindi.
- The terrain is intersected by the river Daman-Ganga and its three tributaries.
- The river rises in the ghat 64km from the coast and discharges itself in the Arabian Sea at the port of Daman.
- The central region of the land is almost plain and the soil is rich and fertile.
- Forests cover most parts of the area, the rest of the area is devoted to cultivation and grazing.
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli does not have its own road transport system.
- It avails of Gujarat and Maharashtra state transport system.
- Total road length is about 342 km. is the nearest airport.
- The nearest railway station is Vapi under the Western Railways, which is about 18 km from Silvassa. The nearest airport is at Mumbai.
- The union territory of Dadra & Nagar Haveli has its own distinct tribal culture which includes various rituals, festivals and folk dances.
- The major dance forms, Tarpha Nach and the Bhavada, are more popular among the Koknas in the hilly regions.
- Agriculture is the main occupation, and they produce rice, pulses and fruits.
- Prominent places of tourist importance are Tribal Cultural Museum, Mini Zoo and Bal Udyan, Vandhara Udyan and Pipariya Udyan.
- The rustic wooden bridges, flowers, jogging paths, thatched huts and paddleboats - all constitute an ideal place for tourism.