ChiapasHoliday Rentals (0)
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B inChiapas
Plan yourChiapasholiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for yourChiapasholiday, fromChiapasbeach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services feesChiapasrentals
Save up to 20% over otherChiapasholiday rentals website. BookChiapasholiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
ContactChiapasvillas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Chiapasholiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Chiapas is famous for friendly inhabitants, its culture, and the magic of its surroundings.
- A high plateau, the highest region in the state, lies in the center of Chiapas.
- The Maya ruins of Bonampak, in the Lacandon rainforest (La Selva Lacandona), feature probably the finest and better-known Maya murals.
- The Sumidero Canyon is occupied by an artificial lake, the dam , which produces a large percent of the electricity in Mexico.
- Chiapas is the southernmost state of Mexico, located towards the southeast of the country.
- Chiapas is bordered by the states of Tabasco to the north, Veracruz to the northwest, and Oaxaca to the west.
- The state capital city is Tuxtla Gutiérrez.
- Other cities and towns in Chiapas include San Cristóbal de las Casas, Comitán, and Tapachula.
- Chiapas has an area of about 74,211 km2 (28,653 sq mi).
- The highest peak is the Tacaná volcano (4,093 meters/13,428 feet in elevation), which lies on the border with Guatemala.
- The colorful landscape, ethnic groups, fiestas, traditions and food, form an intricate mosaic.
- The rich flora and fauna, lush green forests, beautiful rivers with clean waters, and multiple endangered species have made the state of Chiapas a must visit place for all in any case.
- you’ll also find a lot of natural beauty in Chiapas at such places as Canon del Sumidero National Park, the Cascadas de Agua Azul Biosphere Reserve and the Montebello Lagoons.
- The best time to visit is between December and March.
- Most of the state\'s 7,000 kilometers (4,375 miles) of highways are paved.
- Tuxtla Gutiérrez-Llano San Juan Airport provides international flights to and from Chiapas.
- The state of Chiapas hosts at least six major theaters including El Teatro de Bellas Artes and Teatro de la Ciudad Emilio Rabasa.
- Tuxla Gutierrez, there is a botanical gardens and a museum of paleontology (the study of fossils).
- The church tower has marching statues of the twelve apostles, which move to mark every hour, accompanied by forty-eight church bells.
- San Cristobal is a quiet city, yet it has various places where you can enjoy a night out.