Chiapas Holiday Rentals (0)
Chiapas Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B
Plan your Chiapas holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Chiapas holiday, from Chiapas beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Chiapas rentals
Save up to 20% over other Chiapas holiday rentals website. Book Chiapas holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Chiapas villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties Chiapas holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Chiapas is famous for friendly inhabitants, its culture, and the magic of its surroundings.
- A high plateau, the highest region in the state, lies in the center of Chiapas.
- The Maya ruins of Bonampak, in the Lacandon rainforest (La Selva Lacandona), feature probably the finest and better-known Maya murals.
- The Sumidero Canyon is occupied by an artificial lake, the dam , which produces a large percent of the electricity in Mexico.
- Chiapas is the southernmost state of Mexico, located towards the southeast of the country.
- Chiapas is bordered by the states of Tabasco to the north, Veracruz to the northwest, and Oaxaca to the west.
- The state capital city is Tuxtla Gutiérrez.
- Other cities and towns in Chiapas include San Cristóbal de las Casas, Comitán, and Tapachula.
- Chiapas has an area of about 74,211 km2 (28,653 sq mi).
- The highest peak is the Tacaná volcano (4,093 meters/13,428 feet in elevation), which lies on the border with Guatemala.
- The colorful landscape, ethnic groups, fiestas, traditions and food, form an intricate mosaic.
- The rich flora and fauna, lush green forests, beautiful rivers with clean waters, and multiple endangered species have made the state of Chiapas a must visit place for all in any case.
- you’ll also find a lot of natural beauty in Chiapas at such places as Canon del Sumidero National Park, the Cascadas de Agua Azul Biosphere Reserve and the Montebello Lagoons.
- The best time to visit is between December and March.
- Most of the state\'s 7,000 kilometers (4,375 miles) of highways are paved.
- Tuxtla Gutiérrez-Llano San Juan Airport provides international flights to and from Chiapas.
- The state of Chiapas hosts at least six major theaters including El Teatro de Bellas Artes and Teatro de la Ciudad Emilio Rabasa.
- Tuxla Gutierrez, there is a botanical gardens and a museum of paleontology (the study of fossils).
- The church tower has marching statues of the twelve apostles, which move to mark every hour, accompanied by forty-eight church bells.
- San Cristobal is a quiet city, yet it has various places where you can enjoy a night out.