Charlotte Holiday Rentals ( 2 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Charlotte
Plan your Charlotte holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Charlotte holiday, from Charlotte beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Charlotte rentals
Save up to 20% over other Charlotte holiday rentals website. Book Charlotte holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Charlotte villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Charlotte holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Charlotte Harbor Preserve State Park is a Florida State Park, composed of islands and land that surrounds Charlotte Harbor.
- Historic places in Charlotte County include the Old Charlotte County Courthouse as well as those on the List of Registered Historic Places in Charlotte County.
- Charlotte County is the sole county in the Punta Gorda Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Charlotte County was established April 23, 1921.
- It was named for the Bay of Charlotte Harbor.
- \"Charlotte\" came from \"Carlos\" (English) or \"Calos\" (Calusa Indian).
- In 1565, the Spanish named \"Carlos Bay,\" followed by the English in 1775 who named the area Charlotte Harbor in tribute to the Queen Charlotte Sophia, wife of King George III.
- Charlotte County is in Southwest Florida.
- The county has a total area of 859 square miles.
- Its county seat is Punta Gorda.
- Charlotte Harbor offers world-class boating, fishing, and sailing.
- Miles of beaches.
- More than 70 parks and preserves.
- The area is home to 16 golf courses and numerous annual sporting events and recreational facilities.
- Cultural pursuits take the forms of visual arts, theater, dance and music, perfect complements to the area’s spas, dining and nightlife.
- March, September and October.
- Airport: Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ).
- General Aviation Airports: Charlotte County Airport (PGD).
- Local Deep Water Port : Port of Manatee.
- Federal Interstates: I-75, US-17, US-41.
- State Highways: SR-31; SR-771; SR-775; SR-776.
- Railroads: Seminole Gulf Railway.
- Annual Punta Gorda Air Show.
- Annual Redfish Cup Tournament.
- Charlotte Performing Arts Center, Visual Arts Center.
- Charlotte Symphony Orchestra.
- Preseller Gallery, Sea Grape Artists Gallery.
- Punta Gorda Annual Block Party.