Brevard Holiday Rentals (1)
Brevard Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B
Plan your Brevard holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Brevard holiday, from Brevard beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Brevard rentals
Save up to 20% over other Brevard holiday rentals website. Book Brevard holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Brevard villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties Brevard holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Kennedy Space Center Visitors Complex - The most famous attraction in the area, which brought on the nickname \"Space Coast.\"
- Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge - A vast nature reserve featuring endangered Florida wildlife, like manatees and bald eagles, in Titusville.
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station - Has a variety of manned and unmanned launch pads.
- Brevard is named after Theodore Washington Brevard, who served as State Comptroller.
- Influenced by the presence of the John F. Kennedy Space Center, Brevard County is also known as the Space Coast.
- \"Mosquito County\" was formed while the state was still a territory. This eventually became three new counties one of which was \"Saint Lucia County\" - which was renamed Brevard County.
- Brevard County lies along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Brevard County is in East Central Florida and has a total area of 1,557 square miles.
- Located half-way between Jacksonville, Florida and Miami, Brevard County is an extra-long county, extending over 70 miles from north to south.
- The official county seat has been located in Titusville since 1894, although most of the county\'s administration is performed from Viera.
- Brevard County has more than one county courthouse and sheriff\'s office because of its elongated north-south county lines.
- Canaveral National Seashore.
- Cocoa Beach has the smoothest and shallowest water and is a unique mecca for surfers across the country.
- Cruises - Evening and extended cruises popular for their casino facilities which are not available on land.
- Exciting deep water sport, fishing and charter boats are offered by private operators in Port Canaveral.
- Water - Rent jet-skis, ski boats, sailboats, canoes, and kayaks. Tours on airboats through the St. Johns River are also offered.
- It has a distinct wet and dry season. The dry lasts from December through May. The wet from June through November. So it’s better to visit in dry seasons.
- Moreover it’s colder in January so the warmest months, July and August with average highs of 90 °F (32 °C); average lows 72.2 are preferred.
- Brevard County has transportation available in the usual modes for a coastal county - highways, shipping, and airlines.
- Public transportation is provided by Space Coast Area Transit.
- Private taxi.
- Don\'t feed the manatees, dolphins and alligators, as all three are protected species, and all interaction is prohibited, they may attack humans in the water.
- Sunburn can occur even on cloudy days. Re-apply sun-block regularly.
- Life preservers are essential for motorized water activities.
- Lightning: Wait out storms in your vehicle, under dry shelter (not a tree) or indoors.
- Hurricanes: The six-month hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30.
- The cultural calendar on the Space Coast is jam packed with outdoor events, festivals, art shows and musical programs every weekend.
- Indoors, the Maxwell King Center for the Performing Arts leads the way with famous vocalists, plays, comedians and rock stars, not to mention our own Brevard Symphony Orchestra.
- Local talent center such as the Henegar Center and Melbourne Auditorium, the Cocoa Village Playhouse, the Surfside Playhouse in Cocoa Beach and Emma Parrish Theater in Titusville.