Asturias Holiday Rentals ( 2 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Asturias
Plan your Asturias holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Asturias holiday, from Asturias beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Asturias rentals
Save up to 20% over other Asturias holiday rentals website. Book Asturias holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Asturias villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Asturias holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Asturias is especially known for its seafood.
- Asturian cheeses, especially cabrales, are also famous throughout spain.
- The Principality of Asturias is an autonomous community within the kingdom of Spain, former Kingdom of Asturias in the Middle Ages.
- In the 10th century, the Kingdom of Asturias gave way to the Kingdom of Leon.
- In 18th century, Asturias was one of the centres of the Spanish Enlightenment.
- Asturias is often called \"the land of cheeses.
- The principality of asturias is an autonomous community within the kingdom of spain.
- Capital: oviedo
- Asturias is bordered on the east by Cantabria, on the south by Castilla y León, on the west by Galicia (Lugo), and on the north by the Cantabrian Sea.
- The dobra river: south of cangas de onís, famous for its unusual colour and natural beauty.
- In asturias comillas - a very good resort which has lots of modernista buildings including the el capricho designed by antoni gaudi.
- In asturias fine arts museum of oviedo, museo de bellas artes - housed in an 18th century palace the museum contains a good selection of paintings.
How to reach
- The first is to fly directly from Madrid, Barcelona, Paris or London
- Asturias airport is located near Avilés, and is easily accessible by bus from the three main cities of Gijón, Oviedo and Avilés
- From other areas in Europe try ryanair.com, which flies into Santander
- Asturias is served by Asturias International Airport (OVD), 40 kilometres from Oviedo, near the northwest coast and the industrial town of Avilés.
- Several National Carriers also link Asturias to Madrid and Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, Seville and others.
- Eastern Asturias is also easily accessible from Santander Airport.
- Companies as P&O, Swan Hellenic or Hapag Lloyd choose the Port of Gijón every year for their calls in the Atlantic European Coast.
- Spain\'s national RENFE rail network also serves Asturias well; trains regularly depart to and from the Spanish interior.
- There is also a comprehensive bus service run by the ALSA company. It links Avilés, Gijón, Oviedo and Mieres with Madrid and other major towns, several times a day.
Take general precautions.
- The most famous regional dish is fabada asturiana.
- The music of Asturias is varied.
- The most characteristic instrument in traditional music is the Asturian bagpipe.