ApuliaHoliday Rentals (15)
- Castellana Grotte
- San Giovanni Rotondo
- San Vito dei Normanni
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B inApulia
Plan yourApuliaholiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for yourApuliaholiday, fromApuliabeach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services feesApuliarentals
Save up to 20% over otherApuliaholiday rentals website. BookApuliaholiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
ContactApuliavillas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Apuliaholiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Apulia had always been famous for its grain harvests, olives and wine.
- It attracted invaders and traders over many centuries - Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and Saracens, from early to late antiquity.
- The most famous site in Apulia is Alberobello, home of the delightful trullo.
- Apulia is a very dry region.
- In ancient times only the northern part of the region was called Apulia.
- One of the richest in Italy for archeological findings.
- Apulia was an important area for the ancient Romans.
- Puglia, also known as Apulia, is in the south of Italy, the heel of Italy\'s boot.
- Capital: Bari
- Area: 19,366 km2 (7,477.3 sq mi)
- The climate is hot and dry in the summer, and what rain there is falls in the winter months and averages no more than 500 mm per year.
Best TimeHow to reach
- It is a place of dark ancient forests, fishing villages, coastal watchtowers, dazzlingly white limestone cliffs, caves and long, sandy beaches.
- Ais a simple dry-stone-walled building with a domed roof topped by a cone.
- Ryanair flies directly almost every day from London Stansted to Puglia\'s airports.
- British Airways flies from April to October directly from London Gatwick to Bar.
- Alitalia from London Heathrow, choose among 35 weekly flights to Rome and 33 to Milan Linate.
- Easyjet.com flies from London Gatwick to Milan Malpensa and then from Milan Malpensa to Brindisi and Bari airports.
- The major gateways to the region are Bari \"Karol Wojtyla\" International Airport (BRI) and Rome\'s Leonardo Da Vinci – Fiumicino Airport (FDO), with a connection to Bari.
- Puglia has another international airport at Brindisi, called Brindisi Casale.
- Bus services are scanty and it can be difficult to find information about public transport.
- There are national FS train services which connect most of the major towns with the rest of the Italy.
- complete and take with you a form e111.
- Travellers should take the normal precautions applicable when travelling,
- Culture of Apulia bear profound marks of the Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, Normans, Franks, Spanish and other populations which left indelible traces of their presence.
- Festival of Jewish Culture in Apulia
- Verso il Mezzogiorno a voyage in the Jewish culture in Apulia Region in Italy.