Amherst Holiday Rentals ( 0 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Amherst
Plan your Amherst holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Amherst holiday, from Amherst beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Amherst rentals
Save up to 20% over other Amherst holiday rentals website. Book Amherst holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Amherst villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Amherst holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Amherst County Museum.
- Monacan Indian Museum.
- Formed in 1761.
- This was formed from Albemarle County.
- Named for: Sir Jeffrey Amherst.
- Native Americans were the first humans to populate the area.
- Amherst County is a county located in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- County Seat: Amherst.
- Total area: 479 sq mi (1,241 km²).
- Hiking, Biking, & Birding, fishing and floating.
- Golf, Appalachian Trail, Orchard & Winery.
- James River Heritage Trail.
How to reach
- Airway is the best way to reach this area.
- Highways: Amherst County is served by two major highways that are Rte 29 north to south & Rte 60 east to west.
- Air: Commercial service is provided locally at Lynchburg Regional Airport with daily flights by Delta and US Airways.
- Rail: Amherst County is serviced by both Norfolk Southern and CSX.
- Avoid this area to visit in July and August & winters.
- Amherst County and the surrounding area are rich in cultural opportunities.
- Sweet Briar College maintains an active calendar of cultural events.
- Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, one of the largest working retreats in America for writers, visual artists, and composers.