American samoa Holiday Rentals (0)
American samoa Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B
Plan your American samoa holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your American samoa holiday, from American samoa beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees American samoa rentals
Save up to 20% over other American samoa holiday rentals website. Book American samoa holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact American samoa villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties American samoa holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- American samoa is administratively divided into three districts and two \"unorganized\" atolls.
- The districts and unorganized atolls are subdivided into 74 villages.
- Capital- Pago is one of the largest villages and is located on the eastern side of tutuila island in ma\'oputasi county.
- Fagatogo is listed in the constitution of american samoa as the official seat of government, but it is not the capital.
- American samoa is an unincorporated territory of the united states located in the south pacific ocean, southeast of the sovereign state of samoa (formerly known as western samoa).
- The main (largest and most populous) island is tutuila, with the manuea islands, rose atoll, and swains island also included in the territory.
- American samoa is part of the samoan islands chain, located west of the cook islands, north of tonga, and some 300 miles (500 km) south of tokelau.
- People born here including on Swain Island are American nationals but not american citizens unless one of their parents is a U.S citizen.
- They may not vote in US presidential elections.
- Pogo- Pogo one of the Largest villages.
- Total land area -76.8 square miles, slightly larger than washington, d.c, consisting of five rugged, volcanic islands and two coral atolls.
- Due to its positioning in the south pacific ocean, it is frequently hit by typhoons between december and march.
- Rose atoll, located in american samoa, is the southernmost point in the territory of the united states.
- American samoa, located within the geographical region of oceania, is one of only two possessions of the united states in the southern hemisphere, the other being jarvis island.
- Ofu and Olosega are parts of a volcanic doublet in the manu‘a group of the samoan islands—part of american samoa.
- Although geographically separate volcanic remnants, only a narrow strait (asaga) naturally bridged by a shallow coral reef separates them.
- South shore of ofu seen from olosega across the narrow strait that separates them.
How to reach
- This time of the year is more hot and humid with average temperature of around 31°C by day.
- Bright sunny mornings and late afternoon downpours area trademark of this time of the year.
- Winter in Samoa, May to November
- Weather in Samoa is sunny all year round making it a delight for beach lovers and sun worshippers.
- Jasons american samoa transportation guide has complete details of american samoa car rentals and campervans and american samoa flights.
Total: 221 km
Country comparison to the world: 206
- Ports and harbors: Aunu‘u, Auasi, FaleÄ?sao, Ofu, Pago Pago
- Merchant marine: none
- Airports: 3 (208)
Country comparison to the world: 195
- Airports- with paved runways:
- Pago International Airport
over 3,047 m:\' 1
2,438 to 3,047 m: 1
under 914 m: 1
- Airports- with unpaved runways:
- Do not drink tap water and favor bottled mineral water, without ice.
- Avoid eating ice creams, sherbets, raw or undercooked dishes, especially meat or fish.
- If possible, order hot dishes.
- Bring anti-diarhea medication with you and remember to wash your hands carefully before each meal.
- Cases of dengue fever have been reported in Samoa.
- Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne disease. Symptoms are fever, headache, rash, muscle and joint pain, nausea and, in severe cases, hemorrhagic manifestations.
- Protect yourself carefully from sun and heat to avoid burns and sunstrokes.
- Culture:- The culture in American Samoa is almost the same as that of western samoa (upolu). the u.s. sovereignty distinguishes the civilization of american samoa from the sovereign samoa.
- Religion:- According to the World Christian Database, the population of American Samoa is 98.3% Christian, 0.7% agnostic, 0.4% Chinese Universalist, 0.3% Buddhist and 0.3% Baha\'i.
- Sports:- About 30 ethnic Samoans, many from American Samoa, currently play in the National Football League.
- American Samoa\'s national soccer team is one of the newest teams in the world.