Akumal Holiday Rentals ( 12 )
Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Akumal
Plan your Akumal holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your Akumal holiday, from Akumal beach villas to cabins to apartments rentals and more.
No booking or services fees Akumal rentals
Save up to 20% over other Akumal holiday rentals website. Book Akumal holiday rentals, hotels or b&b.
Contact Akumal villas, hotels, owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (Akumal holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Akumal is also very popular for divers and the Akumal Dive Shop is pretty well a historical landmark.
- There is also a small Mayan ruin site located just past the town.
- It is the municipal seat of Tulum municipality in the state of Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- Akumal means \"place of the turtles\" in the Mayan language.
- Pablo Bush\'s family (the Bush/Wolfe family) still owns a large portion of Akumal, including the largest resort/hotel Hotel Club Akumal Caribe.
- Akumal is a small community with sandy white beaches, swaying palms, sun, surf, and a feeling of paradise.
How to reach
- The fine white sandy beaches at Akumal Bay and Half Moon Bay are ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
- Sea turtles can be found in Akumal laying eggs on the beaches at night throughout the nesting season (end of April to October) or swimming in the main bay during the day.
- Take ADO/Mayab bus to Playa del Carmen.
- Taxi/Limo from airport direct to hotel.
- Use Airport Transfer services.
- From Cancun City/Tourist Zone:
- Bus south up Hwy 307 from Cancun bus station to Akumal.
- Taxi Taxis are found in all Cancun tourist zones.
- Take the Colectivo in Cancun to Playa del Carmen.
- Jade Beach, South Akumal, and Aventuras Akumal are just a few minutes south from the main part of Akumal and are considered part of the greater Akumal area.
- Akumal offers vacationers a variety of beautiful beaches and tourist services.
- There are also many services in Akumal including: restaurants, gift shops, dive shops, grocery stores, fun beach bars at the Lol-ha and La Buena Vida, and much more.