Holiday Rentals, Hotels, B&B in Dover
Plan your holiday & Search rentals
Find the perfect place for your holday, from beach villas to cabins to apartments and more.
No booking or services fees rentals
Save up to 20% over other holiday rentals website. Book a holiday rental, hotel or b&b.
Contact villas, hotels, b&b owner directly
Inquire on 3 or more properties (holiday rental homes, villas, hotels, b&b to increase your chances of booking.
- Dover was most famously the home of Caesar Rodney, the popular wartime leader of Delaware during the American Revolution.
- The city of Dover is the capital and second largest city in the U.S. state of Delaware.
- Delaware Metropolitan Statistical Area which encompasses all of Kent County.
- It is the county seat of Kent County.
- It is located on the St. Jones River in the Delaware River coastal plain.
- It was named by William Penn for Dover in Kent, England.
- Dover is governed via the mayor-council system.
- Total Area is 22.7 sq mi (58.8 km2).
- Dover is one of the fast-growing areas in the State of Delaware, due in large part to the relatively low cost of living.
- North of Delaware’s award-winning beach resorts, making it a nearby and affordable place to take the family during the summer months.
- North of Delaware is affordable place to take the family during the summer months.
- November and December are special months with 25+ holiday events including the Delaware Book Festival, Chocolate Festival, Wine and Music Festival and Festival of Trees.
- Major highways in Dover are U.S. Route 13, Delaware Route 1 turnpike, U.S. Route 113 and Delaware Route 8.
- Main Airports in Dover are Air Force Base, New Castle Airport, Wicomico Regional Airport, Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport and Philadelphia International Airport.
- Dover is located on a former Pennsylvania Railroad line which is now served by Norfolk Southern.
- Dover is considered a safe city-But Normal precautions apply.
- Dover Opera House built in 1904, was recently renovated and converted to the Schwartz Center for the Arts, which hosts performances by the Dover Symphony Orchestra, ballet, and classic films.